|Author(s):||Joe Muellenberg, Lesly Scott|
Youth gardens are popping up everywhere: schools, parks, churches, and community centers. This new publication, part of our community garden series, covers:
- the many benefits of youth gardens
- how to start a youth garden
- educational theory and garden design
- safety and accessibility
- tips for a low-maintenance youth garden
- how to invite the community to participate in your garden
Youth Gardening will help you design, plan, and build a garden that will provide enrichment for years to come (8 pages; 2013).
Want to learn more?
Site Considerations (10-minute video)
Raised Bed and Container Gardening (7-minute video)